I thought I posted a similar message yesterday but it did not show up. Probably
an error on my part. But if it shows   . . . oh well . .

I just ordered the SSB option along with the Heil headset mic. I am now seeing
posts about problems with the Heil mics. It was advertised as being
specifically designed for the K2.

I was informed by Elecraft that the headset by Heil is on back order.

Maybe I am premature in worrying. Can someone summarize the problem with the
headset mic by Heil and what the issues appear to be ?

I have been told that I have a booming voice (pun intended) and that is why I
bought the  mic specifically designed by Heil for the K2. I really do not like
desk mics or hand held mics. I built my K2 4 years ago. I can do without SSB
but now I want to do some PSK. Probably will try some SSB after a 14 year
layoff.  So I went with the PRO K2.

Maybe I will bootleg someone's call rather than use my own on SSB.

W9VNE
Jim Danehy
Cincinnati, Ohio