On Nov 22, 2004, at 19:19, Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft wrote:

I've noticed a pleasant increase in orders for K1, K2, KX1 radios and
accessories recently from Europe. Much more so than I usually see
during this time of year. I guess we must be doing something right, or
we're getting a little help from somewhere..  :-)

I wonder if the reason isn't a combination of all of the above, plus you are perhaps getting closer to critical mass over here as well.

The November issue of the Danish amateur rag, "OZ", has an article about a mini dxpedition, 9M2/OZ7BQ, where a K1 was the core piece of equipment. This didn't influence my personal decision to buy a K2 though. More or less in order this is what happened to me:

*) While discussing my search for a new rig with both high performance and lots of DIY potential, a local friend suggested the K2. I have been eyeing the K2 from time to time, but had not really considered it for a while. *) I mentioned the K2 in an email exchange I had at the time with another US ham. A google search had brought his name up as someone who had at least some degree of experience with the K2. *) It surfaced that the ham in question is a friend of the house of Elecraft, and his arguments helped push me over the edge. (You know who you are! :-) *) Realized that the asking price was a bit of a steal at the current exchange rate.
  *) Plucked credit card from wallet.

Are you all sitting comfortably? OK, then just for yucks let me mention that the official Icom importer here in Denmark currently wants the equivalent of 1285 USD for an IC-718, the least expensive Icom HF transceiver. The larger rigs are proportionally priced.

  73 de Frank, OZ1IOC.
  K2 #4538 (inventory check completed, assembly to commence shortly).