I am now doing my transmitter alighment, page 75,  and have a have run into a
problem with it.

On 40 meters when I set the power to 2 watts and press and hold the tune button
the power out shown is abt 2.5 on the first hold of tune,  if I do it a second
time it comes up abt 2.6 and then if I do it a third time it comes up correct
about 1.9.   The cycle contines, it seems that about every three times I press
tune I get 1.9.
The same goes for 5 watts ( 5.8, 6.0 and 4.9) and 10 watts (11.2, 11.4, 9.8).
The currents look ok,   2 watts @ 1.28a,   5 watts @ 1.7a and 10 watts @ 2.2a
(give or take a little depening on the power out.

On 80 meters it's doing  the same.

On 20 meters 2 watts is doing the same, but I get hi current  5 watts and above.

On 15 meters Hi curret on  all 2, 5 and 10  watts.

On 10 meters , the same but here I get max out of only 4.9 watts.

The rf out looks good on a scope.        Dummy load is ok,  SWR 1:1.   I've had
a few cw contacts so far.    It's a basic K2.
Has anyone comes across and any ideas?

Also,  is there a way to do a search on the complete archives or do I have to
do it by month?

Jerry, N2UZ