73, doug

   Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 11:29:58 -0800
   From: "Leigh L Klotz, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   The ID question is interesting.  I know that CW holds a special place,
   but there is no out-of-mode ID requirement for digital modes such as
   PSK, as long as the modulation is publicly described.  CW is a digital
   mode no matter whether it is Morse or International Morse or Japanese
   Kana Code, ergo there *ought* to be no CW ID requirement for
   "International Morse with T instead of 0" as long as there is no intent
   to obscure communications, merely to facilitate it.

   Ought to, but I doubt that OOs will see it that way because of the
   strong position of International Morse Code for CW.  And I suspect the
   FCC would not like to have us bring them such problems either.

   Leigh.