To: "Elecraft" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 9:07 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] KPA-100 spur on 160M?

Has anyone who experienced oscillation with their KPA-100 (internally or externally mounted) seen a spur about 1Khz up from the main signal?

If I crank up my power to 100W a very "brrrrrippy" spur pops up just above my signal only on 160M. If I keep the power at 95W or less it is not there.

I do not hear it in my external rx when the amp is bypassed.

I keep it at the 90W level if I am operating barefoot on 160M of course but if this is not normal or never before seen then I'd be tempted to look into a wiring error in the PA.

I eventually want to wire the PA externally. Elecraft recommends troubleshooting the KPA-100 while it is mounted in the K2 so I'd like to clean this up before extending the PA away from the K2 and a new can of worms gets opened.

73 de Tom K2TA