Fred, KT5X wrote:

Toroid winding.  ...I took a small wooden dowel and sharpened it, not all
the way, ...cut a small groove the length of it.  This I support vertically
in a vise clamped to my desk.

The toroid goes over the dowel.  The wire is threaded down the groove.  The
dowel holds the toroid, allows one to easily pull the windings tight...

...I make all the toroids at the same time, before I start building the kit,
and I tape them to a page and label them.

These sound like excellent ideas. One of the frustrating experiences I've
seen mentioned here many times is a builder troubleshooting odd behavior
and, after some time, discovering that a couple of toroids were wound on the
*wrong* cores. Sometimes it's necessary to set the cores side-by-side to see
clearly the differences in their color. Doing the toroids all at one time
may help avoid that mistake.

I've never gotten so "organized" as to make a jig for winding toroids. Fred,
you may have talked me into it, Hi!

Ron AC7AC