Thanks to those who responded to my question when I
got "carrier" on keyup in SSB mode. I had neglected to
remove C-167! I removed it, set the carrier balance,
and immediately made my first contact on 14.300,
the Maritime Mobile Service Net at 5 watts.

One problem remains, and that is the dial readout
is .06 MHz high. In other words, I had to dial up to
14.300.06 to be on 14.300.00. I will look in the
troubleshooting guide when I get home from work
today to see if it addresses this issue. Everything
else is _perfect_!

I found an unbuilt KPA-100 module for a reasonable
price, and will be adding that soon. What a radio!

73, -Web Williams in Myrtle Beach, SC

Kind regards, -Web Williams in Myrtle Beach, SC

Echolink (ek-O lingk) n. 1. Just another AOL chatroom.
2. A means to circumvent amateur radio licensing requirements
using a computer connected to the internet. 3. A "pretend" radio.