Dan:

According to the PowerSonic instruction sheet, after "bulk" charging (< 1.6 Amps for my 8 Amp Hr SLA), you are supposed to switch to about 14.2 volts for "absorption" charging. Once the current gets down to 80 ma, you can switch to a 13.8 volt "float" charge indefinitely if you wish. Since you are drawing 80 ma at just 13.8 volts, my guess is the battery is still charging. It should slowly drop to quite a bit less than that, maybe 30 ma or less when totally charged. Leaving the charger on longer shouldn't harm anything. It just might take longer to charge if you are only using 13.8 volts for all 3 types of charging.

At least that's my understanding of the matter. Perhaps others can enlighten me if I'm way off base here.

73's,

John AA0VE

Dan Barker wrote:

When is a 12v SLA full?

I'm charging at 13.8v and the current is slowly falling. Currently (har har)
at 0.080 A.

Dan / WG4S / K2 #2456