In the past I've also suggested Elecraft produce a General Coverage shortwave
reciever ki....maybe someday they will.

In the meantime I've aquired a Degen 1102 (matches my K2 serial number, 1102).
Read my (and other) product reviews on eham.net. It is almost full coverage,
starts at 3 mhz and goes up to 30 mhz (plus 70 - 108 mhz FM) so no coverage of
160m and/or no coverage below the am broadcast band.  Other than that it is a
great little radio for the price (approx $62 including shipping from China),
the least expensive SSB capable radio I know of. I got mine on ebay, just do a
search for : Degen 1102

If you must have 150khz to 30 mhz (with SSB) then the Grundig YB400 is a good
choice, although not really pocket size and is a battery hog. I have a YB400
and an 1102 and find I rarely use the YB400 since getting the 1102, which is
smaller, lighter than YB400, and uses only 3 AAs (1102 comes with 3 NI-MH
rechargeables and wall wart charger) The charging circuit built into the radio
automatically tapers charge rate as necessary. And so far, anything I can hear
with the YB400, I can hear with the 1102. A remarkable little radio.

Rich  K2CPE
K2 #1102