I checked a couple of years ago and ARRL is fine with the idea
of Bugs on SKN.  The whole idea is for folks to use mechanical
keying vs Electronic keying so Bugs are well within the "Spirit"
of the event.

I plan to be on the air on SKN using the large Swedish Military
Straight Key I used last year, my Eddystone S689 Bug and
perhaps my 1959 Blue Racer Deluxe.

I had some very nice QSOs last year and had a lot of fun.

Michael VE3WMB

P.S. Fred if you don't mind I would like to cross post your message to the Morse-Bugs Yahoo! Group. We sponsor a monthly Bug Nite, but participation
of late hasn't been great.