I have a 37' charter lined up that i would love to take the K1 on.  My
goal would be to be able to set up an antenna simply and easily at the
end of the day, and just as easily tear it down in the morning before
setting off on the next leg of the journey.  easy-up/easy down beats
effectiveness, as long as i can make a couple of contacts for fun.  dx
is great but not needed here.

so is there any experience out on a handy antenna?  i do have the KAT1
too, so hope that will help.  I've got a non insulated backstay, and of
course can haul just about anything aloft with the halyards.

perhaps just a simple old justinverted v?

Mike, AK3F