I've only seriously used two other HF rigs besides the K2, that is a
Kenwood TS-530S and a Kenwood TS-930S. So, when I make comparisons, its
between the K2 and the Kenwoods. When I have the AGC set to FAST on the
Kenwoods and am receiving a CW signal at say S-9, I can turn the RF gain
down to say S-5 (to reduce background noise) and not notice a
significant reduction in the volume of the received signal. However,
when I do the same thing on the K2, I do notice a reduction in the
volume level. Is this normal for the K2?

  I have the AGC set at 3.8V on the K2 and I notice only a little
difference between the background noise of a quiet band when I switch
the AGC on and off. Perhaps I still need to fine-tune the AGC a bit
downwards on the K2 or it may just be that the K2's RF gain and AGC
circuitry takes a different approach than Kenwood used to.

  Thanks, Michael N9BDF, K2 #4137