No sooner did I post the last reply in response to Kurt's query this e-mail
from Chuck appeared in my in-box. For all who are interested...

12/23/2004 1440 PST

This is to inform you that the FCC monitoring station did provide us with an
approximate area that the “Yosemite Sam” signal was coming from, and the
local Official Observers and Section Manager have been notified.  Hopefully
they will be able to pinpoint the source for us.  However, due to the
holiday season it may be a while.  The location was given as near
Albuquerque, NM.  I want to thank you all for the reports you sent and for
your concern.  I am sending this in this form to let you know the status,
please excuse the lack of a personal address as I have a large number to
respond to but I wanted to do it before I leave for the holiday.

73, and Happy Holidays,

Chuck, KØBOG