I am also getting some wierd results on first test. Don recommended a
solder check and I have done this. I have rewetted all the joints on the
control board and display to no avail. I get no "info" messages and
things seem to come up as they should. On switch on I get: "Elecraft"
followed by "2.04P 1.09" then a frequency display. At this point tapping
"display" does nothing. Tapping "menu" a few times brings up the menu.
Now "display" works and brings up 13volts/0.008amps. Tapping "display"
several times again sometimes brings back the frequency display and
sometimes the menu. It always seems to want to go back to the menu by
itself after a few seconds and a lot of flicking backwards and forwards.
"rate" seems to work on frequency and the optical decoder seems to work.
Seems to be a wierd intermittant problem.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

73,

Pete/N9PT