On Sun, 2 Jan 2005, Marinos Markomanolakis, M.D. wrote:

For example an "expensive and/or difficult to build" but optimized NB module will be FAR more desirable and effective feature in a real world Rx performance improvement rather than a similar DSP module that is already available from Elecraft.

These are my $.02 opinion about the NB, which may be the only area that needs some improvement in a radio that has no equal in the market today. And can definitely make a difference for people wanting to have a K2 as their only/main rig in a urban QTH....as most of us live.

Couldn't agree more...I live in a very old part of the city here...surrounded by industrial users of power, a leaking power grid and a utility that doesn't care.

Since I've gotten back on the air the K2 sits on the desk, glaring at me because it's virtually useless with S9+ QRN.

If I'm lucky, I can operate between 2 AM and 6 AM, as long as I turn off the oil
burner since it too acts like an arc gap.

Thom

www.baltimorehon.com/            Home of the Baltimore Lexicon
www.tlchost.net/                 Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month