I have an Astron 35 and the foldback circuitry is pretty nice. I had the
two power leads that go from the KPA100 to the K2 pinched between the
shield and the side of the case, making a nice dead short. My Astron
just folded back the voltage and no fuses were wasted.

I wouldn't suggest this as a test for anyone else. :)