Hi folks, the K1 is my only rig (I've been licensed only 18 months) and I
have been enjoying the delights of HF QRP and CW, however I do have an old
TS520. It is very sick and I don't have the time or inclination to fix it
(the K1  is more than good enough for me) but the bomb proof driver and PA
is fully functional. So over Xmas I have made various mods to the driver
and control circuits and now have the facility to either run the K1 on it's
own or at the flick of a switch use it to drive the TS520 up to 100W. QRO
on the cheap hi. I'm quite chuffed at having modern micro p equipment
working with the old valve (tube) amps a real hybrid. I have to sacrifice
auto CW break in but I'm not too fussed about that.

One question though, do I need to worry about any increase in harmonics or
alteration of the keying waveshape by running the K1 signal through the
TS520? I've looked at the output on a scope and it looks clean to me but I
don't have a spectrum analyser.

All the best for the New Year
73's
Martin
M0KWV
K1 No 1534

Why not take a look at our Web site?
http://www.simoncarves.com

The information in this email and any attachments may contain
privileged and/or confidential information intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
If the reader of this email is not the intended addressee, or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee,
me by telephone or email and delete all copies immediately.