Vin,

That's exactly how I did it! When I first got my K1, I was using it with an Emtech ZM-2 tuner. It was nice; but the AT sounded so nice! That year Santa brought it for Christmas. I built it in one night and did the install the same evening. Talk about a piece of cake! Once again, the guys at Elecraft did a great job with the instructions and installation was a snap. And it works great, to boot! I still have the ZM-2 which I use with other QRP rigs; but the K1 with built in tuner is primo.

73 de Larry W2LJ
http://www.qsl.net/w2lj