Hello group,

I'm new here, shortly to order a K2 kit. But I do use Linux so can help with this one.

1. under what distribution of linux are you using?
Mandrake 10.1

2. when you installed it, did you get the dependency error Libexpat.so.1 missing.
Yes

3. will it function properly if compiled with the -nodeps ?
Yes apparently libexpat is not really needed. Mandrake has the lib in but for some reason it's called libexpat.so.0 ( make sure you have done an "updatedb" as root, and then run a locate on libexpat and you will find it; if you want to use it you can make a symbolic link to it (ln -s etc. etc.). Not sure if your actually talking about compilation here or installation with rpm. I just used rpm with --nodeps and it was fine.

I prefer Jlog though :-)

Chris Harris VP8BKF