Hi Gary,

Yes, you are also looking at the 12 volt line.

Only 1.7 ohms is too low.  Look at your meter.  Is the "positive" lead
at Q7 - if not you could be "turning on" D12 on the 12 volt feed.  That's
a reverse polarity protection diode.  Also, the resistance readings don't
come out right if your ohm-meter puts out too much voltage.  The meter
should not make enough voltage to "turn on" semiconductor junctions.

If you really only have 1.7 ohms on the 12 volt line something is likely
to smoke.

>In running the final Resistance Checks on p. 71 of the K2 manual, I only
>get 1.7 ohms at the Q7 collector. The manual says I should get >500 ohms.

GL de AB9GV