I am at a stumped, stopping point and need some assistance with the Ms.
Moskita kit that I am building for another ham. Receiver workes great, I get
side tone but no transmit power. The problem is in the PA. I have triple
checked all of the component placement and values, toriods, and all of the
normal things that would kill the PA. I have fashioned an RF probe and I am
getting RF to the input of the 4:1 matching transformer ahead of the PA.
Nothing, nada, zip at the base of the final. I get a few millivolts at the
base of the PA, but nothing from the collector. I don't have a scope, so I
am at kind of a disadvantage. There are matching coils in the transmit
offset mixer that are supposed to beat the 3 MHZ main oscillator with 4 MHZ
to provide the 7 MHZ transmit. I am getting sidetone and the 4MHZ is
working. Just not juicing the PA. I am looking for someone that has built
this to help, or that has a better equipped lab to take this over and get it
transmitting. All parts are stuffed, the peripheral wiring is done. If
someone can either help me get this transmitting or get it transmitting (and
make me feel very foolish in the end) I would and I know the disabled ham
that I am building it for would, be very very grateful. Then all that I
would need to do is box it and then get it to the rightful owner. The only
other thought that I had at this point would be to send it to Peter to see
if he could get it working.

Help!!

Jess AE0CW