Tom,

The 'problem' has already been fixed - the later K2s use a jumper instead of
the switch.  For those having older K2s, simply removing the switch and
adding a jumper will disable the switch function.  I don't think many folks
use the external voltmeter function of the K2 - but I have not changed mine
because I envision the time when I use my K2 portable, have a problem, and
there is no other voltmeter available - yes, unlikely, but still a
possibility.

73,
Don W3FPR