I noticed in this month's RADCOM that there was a letter complaining about the Technical Topics (TT) Column containing too much historical stuff about valve-based rigs. In the previous month's TT there was a comment by Pat himself that the modern day rigs were too much "black boxes" and it was difficult for hams to understand what is going on inside these things.

Well it occurred to me that as the Elecraft info is so "open source" this would be a great opportunity for someone, or several people here to put forward some pieces for TT at the block-diagram level about how the K1 and K2 are put together and why the K2 gets its great rig comparison figures . This month's TT covers ergonomic issues of old vs. new rgs, and this would be another opportunity to explain the history and evolution behind the K2 button setup.

Much of the hard work is already available in the form of diagrams etc.

Anyone interested - and not necessarily G-land hams?

Regards

Tony
G7IGG