Hi Group,

I thought that my recently finished K2 had come through test and it's forst operational period with flying colours...I was wrong.

I have just discovered, due to todays activities, that my K2 does not apparently switch to LSB...the annunciator does, but the radio doesn't.

I have just been listening to a local Net on 3615 Mhz...and I can understand the QSO regardless of the Sideband I have selected...and the Guy was using LSB.

Further tests this evening on 144 Mhz, using an XV144, confirm that my Tx signal is OK on USB, and I can resolve a station txing to me on USB. I then got that station ( who is 240k's away) to go to LSB. On the first test, he almost disappeared, and the audio was unreadable. Second test, after switching between Sidebands a couple of times to see the results, I had a good signal on LSB ( He was txing on LSB) but I could not resolve it no matter where I tuned the VFO Knob.

I then got him to listen in USB and I called him on LSB...and he answered me and he was good copy !

I'm still scratching my head over this whilst looking at the manual. It appears that I'm intermittently switching to LSB, and when there, I cannot resolve signals. The radio is also txing in USB when it says it's in LSB.

Any ideas on what this radio is doing, and where a good place to start looking would be ???

I've today been right throught the whole alignment process with no apparent anomolies ( that I can see ). The radio has DSP, NB, 160M and 60M fitted and the KI02..and of course, the SSB Option..

My first thoughts whilst typing this plea for help, are to have a look at the SSB Module.

73
Glenn
VK4TZL