Julian,

You have to use a separate serial port for MixW PTT/CW and HRD CAT. HRD uses the serial port connected to the K2, and MixW has no CAT. MixW uses the secondary PTT/RTTY port for PTT/CW and the DTR/RTS from this port are connected to the PTT/CW keying interface. CAT is disabled, and MixW has no CAT connection to the K2.

On N4PY, you setup the N4PY program to use the K2 with the Pegasus interface. You tell MixW under configuration/CAT to use the Ten-Tec Pegasus. A window opens and you enter the path to the N4PY program. Frequency/mode commands are sent to the N4PY program which send them to the K2. The N4PY program sends the same from the K2 back to MixW, so MixW will track mode/frequency. You still have to use the secondary PTT/RTTY port for PTT/CW. The K2 can use CAT for PTT, but the N4PY program doesn't do CAT PTT.

The best way to do this is to use separate directories for each configuration of MixW. One for MixW using its own CAT, one MixW for HRD and one for MixW with N4PY. You only have the full features of MixW when it does its own CAT. The Align function, for example. I set up MixW to send every function the K2 will take, using macros. When using psk31, I like MixW all by its self. For CW DXing, N2PY is the best, as you can get the K2 to do some things it won't do by its self, like have the filter settings follow VFO A or B selection.

I will try your program shortly, and see if I can get it work with MixW using one serial port.

73,  Chas