Ted Turk wrote:

My K2 will be in the post soon. Meanwhile I have been avidly reading in readiness for the build. One mention of this mod refers to C72, many others like Stan & Jim refer to C71. Checking the schematic for the KPA100, C71 is listed as 0.0018uf decoupling RFC3 to ground and C72 0.01uF decouples the gate of Q6 if I read it right. Can someone please check this out before I need to get a solder sucker out!!

When I asked Gary about this, he said 'either C71 or C72'. Since C71 was a 200V capacitor, I chose to increase the value of C72 from 0.01 uf to 0.1 uf. It definitely had an effect on the problem. But -- it's not entirely gone! So this afternoon I will see if upping C71 has some effect.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco