Frank,

See answers in-line below:

73,
Don W3FPR

----------------------------------
The sidetone works just fine at 400 Hz - the components that shape the
sidetone to a sine wave have been optimized for the 500 to 600 Hz range (the
waveshaping components could be changed by juggling some component values).
----------------------------------

> 2. The manual states that the cw bandwidth can be selected from 200
> to 2000 Hz.   If you were receiving a solid S9 signal, when you tune
> through the signal is it possible to hear the other side of zero
> beat at any filter bandwidth?
-------------------------------------
There are 4 filter bandwidths available for each mode - each is adjustable
from about 200 Hz to over 2000 Hz, so you decide which filter widths will
work best for you.
The K2 allows you to set the BFO separately for each filter width and each
mode, and if properly set the opposite sideband will not be heard.
-------------------------------------

> 3. If the DSP option is added does the audio DSP filter track the CW
> bandwidth selection.  Or do you need to select them separately?
---------------------------------------
The DSP filter selection is independent of the IF filter selection.  If you
read further into the operation section of the manuals, you will discover
that tapping the XFIL button selects the IF filter while pressing the AFIL
button selects the DSP2 filter.  Yes, both functions are on the same
button - tapping the button results in a different function than pressing
(holding it down for a bit) the same button.

If that is not adequate clarification, please ask again.

73,
Don W3FPR