Rolf:

On the other hand, you are spending lots of money on the radio, possibly over $1500 depending on the accessories you end up buying. Plus you'll be investing several weeks of your time in the project. Earlier this week, there were several notes about a grounded tip soldering station that was very reasonably priced. Of course you might succeed in building the K2 with an ungrounded soldering station, but you also might be kicking yourself down the road when you turn it on and find out you need to spend several more days troubleshooting the rig, buying a good desoldering tool, and possibly waiting for replacement parts, all because you zapped a part with your ungrounded soldering station.

Whatever your decision, good luck with the build.

73's,

John AA0VE