I have had my K2/100 with KDSP2 for 4 months now and almost never use the DSP. The stock filters in the K2 seem to work just as good, and often better, than the DSP filters but that is very much a matter of taste I think. I operate only cw and my comments apply only to cw mode.

I like the DSP 'de-noiser' but I live in a pretty quiet environment and rarely think to use it. In a noisier environment it might be worth the cost of the DSP2 all by itself.

As you can see this is a very incomplete response to your question. The answer depends a lot on your preferred modes and environment and I will be watching to see what others say. The bottom line for me, though, is that both the DSP or KAF2 are minor enhancements to an excellent receiver.

Don  K7FJ

Hopefully, I'm about two and a half weeks from
ordering a K2 with about four accessory kits.  My
question today is how much difference is there in
performance between the KDSP2 and the KAF2?  Is the
KDSP2 worth the extra $140?  I'm been using an
IC-746pro for about a year and a half so I am familiar
with the use of a DSP.

Comments and thoughts would be appreciated.

Jim, AB0UK