Hello.

Been playing around with my newly built ATU for the KX1 and I'm a bit puzzled by a few minor things:

1) my G5RV, accidentally shortened because of a wind gust, cannot be tuned by my IC-736 in 30m while the KXAT1 happily reports a perfect match (r1.0). Is that plausible?

2) in order to debug the problem above, how can I force the ATU to forget the 30m band L&C settings and retune, possibly without resetting the main cpu? If I force a retune in 20m and 40m I hear lot of relays clicking, while all is quiet on 30m. I checked the error code and it is E00, so I'm stuck.

3) the pwr meter of the ATU reports 5.2-5.5W on 30m as opposed to 3.0-3.3W on 40m and 3.5-3.8W on 20m. No accurate calibration was done, but the difference is striking. Any clues/things to investigate?

As a side-note (pun not intended), with respect to the KX1 power mods suggested a while ago, I have a question: has anyone thought about putting a fuse on the battery line? The potential for damage due to a shorted Q6 is quite relevant even when running off internal batteries; my external power cord is fused and this has already saved me once 8-)

B73,
Andrea.

--
Homepage: http://andrea.borgia.bo.it     /    Amateur radio: IZ4FHT