Thanks to several commentors. Looks like I need to check the resistance of my 30-year-old cantenna.

73,

Steve
AA4AK

At 04:11 PM 2/9/2005 -0500, you wrote:
Steve,

I have no problem with my 10x probes at 100 watts and a 50 ohm load.  I use
a Tek 465 here too.  But watch that Cantenna - check its actual resistance,
they tend to climb in resistance as they age - just helped a guy out whose
Cantenna was now a good 68 ohm dummy load.

Yes, I know about those 50 ohm terminators - but as you know, they are power
limited, and not commonly available except from Tektronics.  The UHF 'scopes
(or rather vertical plug-ins) that I have encountered have only 50 ohm
inputs, and not many hams have those available.

I didn't really say so in my post to the reflector, but if you are going to
catch the first pulse, you will need a storage 'scope of some variety.
Which reminds me - if you are looking at the time delay between keying and
RF, put your 'scopes' vertical amplifiers on chop rather than alternate -
that will assure you the keying input you are looking at does indeed produce
the RF that is shown on the other channel.  If the timing of each pulse is
exactly the same it won't make a difference, but it is good to double check
anyway.

73,
Don W3FPR