Well, I received my 5 volt calibration standard from Joe Geller at gellerlabs.com today.

I upgraded to the KQ chip. The papers with it shows that it is calibrated to +/- 10 microvolts. On a 5 volt scale, that is +/- 2ppm. The initial calibration is then +/- 0.0002%!

I connected it to my Alinco DM-330MV switching power supply locked at 13.8 volts.

I then tested my Sears Craftsman 82002 autoranging multimeter. It displayed 5.04 volts. That is an error of 4 parts in 500, or 8 parts in 1000, or 0.8%.

Next, I tested my HP 3466A bench-top DMM. It displayed 5.000 volts both autoranging and with the range manually set.

I bought the HP meter used off of EBay for the purpose of aligning my K2. The K2 has always seemed to be dead on (or spot on as our British friends say), and I guess I now know why!

The calibration standard from Joe Geller is a beautiful piece of work. I think it is well worth $25!

Dan Allen
KB4ZVM
K2 S/N 1757