Hello K1 builders,

I am currently (since Autumn last year) building K1 (no. 1550). It is the first kit I am building and I am droping from problem into next problem. Looks like soldering isn't my thing. Perhaps someone can help with my actual problem. I have reached chapter 7. When I am doing the LED-test the ATTN LED first turn on briefly yellow, then the RIT/XIT turns on green and then red (instead of orange), finally the ATTN LED turns on again briefly orange. Any idea why?

The other thing is that the rig sucks (all LED off) 83 mA and 93 mA (instead of around 55mA, mentioned in the manual).

It does most of the alignment and test in chapter 7 the correct way, but I can't do receiver alignment as described in the KFL1-4 Manual. Even using a hamradio transceiver on a dummy and a short piece of wire in the antenna jacked I don't hear anything. First the rig is very quite, but then - suddenly when doing some manipulations on it (but I can't find out a specific manipulation that causes it) there is a lot of noise in the loudspeaker (and the S-Meter shows on full scale).

If someone has any idea pleas give me a hint. Thanks very much!

vy 73 Gernot DL2FN