I saw in one of the menus, something about setting a max TX CURRANT  draw.
Minimum was 3 AMPS. Maximum can be set for 5.02 amps max TX draw.

  Yes, I do see why many k2 portable users would want to have maximum  PA
eff. when using 5W CW. Battery life can provide many cw qso's.

  My concerns are different. I always use the K2 at maximum  output(15++W)
What is the maximum rf out can you get. The finals in that configuration
should be able to
output almost 25W pep. True, you will no longer make commercial spec at 25W
pep.
A good heat sink would be required too.

   Anybody push the envelope? I find the TX range on CW between  15 W and a
full power 100 W rig almost nil!

   On SSB, the range differential is more pronounced.
I have installed in the top cover, a single MRF-453 50 W PA. This was an  old
RF PA I had in my junk box.
   Results have been not too great. I can get 30-45 W pep. I used  a laptop
computer lithium battery for good batt life at 40W.

   However this single ended bipolar amp will not meet FCC spec  on spurs and
two-tone IMD.

    So, I must go back to my first idea. See if I can get  25W pep SSB out of
the k2's mil spec
final.

Any feedback welcome, tnx    de  MIKE   WA2JJH