i have made a new safety lanyard for my KX1.
i dropped mine on a rock once and but it survived.
The old safety lanyard i had was attached under the knurled case thumb screw.
The attachment at this point kept working loose and i lost a few thumb screws
in the snow.
Now i have the new safety lanyard crimped to a 7/16 Ring Tongue Lug and it
fits over the BNC connector.
Just find a nice big ring tongue lug that fits over the BNC connector and
crimp
it to a 4 foot cord.
The lug is easy to put on and take off by tilting it.
It will catch the KX1 even if there is no mating BNC connector attached.
Send me an email if you would like to see a picture.
Paul
[EMAIL PROTECTED]