Elderly, but mojo-filled and fully loaded K2 #0771 has
received new updates of T1 and T2 from the Toroid Guy,
and new crystals in both the SSB and CW filters.

Results?  A fabulous radio made even better ... which
is mighty hard to believe, but it's so.  Better
stop-band rejection, better inter-filter tonal
matching on CW, lower passband loss, "nicer" sounding
SSB.

Also, "touching up T1 and T2" (especially, mounting T2
slightly elevated form the board) improved TX
efficiency by over 20%.

This radio was built in 1999 and is STILL getting
better!

I have had, and have sold, no less than eleven rigs in
the time I've had this Elecraft, including two IC756
family rigs and an Omni VI+.  I *defy* anyone to show
me another exmaple of continuous radio improvement
(without total radio relacement) happening elsewhere
in hamdom, ever since the Signal*One.

I may be preaching to the choir here on this
reflector, but I'll say it to anyone willing to
listen:  if you are not yet a K2 user, you are simply
NOT getting all the enjoyment out of the hobby that
you could.  Moreover, a brand-new K2 costs LESS than
just the FIRST YEAR DEPRECIATION of any rig that is a
close peer in performance.