Geoff,

Are you proposing that some birdies may be caused by construction methods? If
so, what techniques will reduce or eliminate birdies. Are there specific
components that should be physically mounted in certain positions, either
close to or spaced at a specific distance from the circuit board or other
components? Rather than simply placing a component into the circuit board
holes and soldering, should we be placing certain components into specific
positions relative to the circuit board and other adjacent components?

As I am planning on building another K2, and am a perfectionist by nature, I
would like to be sure that my construction is maximizing performance, and
minimizing adverse effects such as birdies.

Darrell

--
Darrell Bellerive
Amateur Radio Stations: VA7TO, VE7CLA