Having never used a wrist strap or anti-static mat before. I'm at a loss as to the proper hook up these items. Does the wrist strap attach to the anti-static mat. Should these items attach to an 'earth ground' giving me and earth ground potential. Would running a wire to a ground rod about 4' away be over kill. Having built a K1 with out these ESD items I certainly don't want to chance destroying a K2/KX1 buy not using ESD equipment as the K2/KX1 is to big of an investment. I hesitate in posting this query as i don't wish to show my ignorance. So going by the adage of "The only stupid question is one not asked" I'm asking.
TNX
72/71 de "rc"kc5wa