Today I soldered the 6 MV209 varactor diodes and the 11 1SV149 's on the
RF-board of my K2 #4654 According to the text on page 50 the varactor diodes
should be pressed all the way down on the board to prevent stray signal
coupling. The SV149 varactors may have a center lead that has been cut flush
with the body of the device.

The center leads are clearly visible, about 0.5 mm coming out of the varactor
bodies! The soldering islands for the two varactor leads have a very narrow
gap, not more than half a mm on top of the board. The center pin can easily
short against one or even both leads of the 1SV 149 's. I left them about one
mm above the board.

73 's Steve
K2 #4654