In an effort to promote Larry's ,W2LJ, 100 in 100 DXCC
diploma, and it just so happens I am in Mexico
extremely often on business, I have my K2 #4409 built
by Don W3FPR up and active from (right now) the 40th
floor hotel here in Mexico City.

Planned Operation Dates: March 7-16th
Evenings on 20,30,40m  .035-045 of the bands on CW and
on SSB on .195-.205. I can do other bands 10-80
Times: 00:00UTC to about 05:00UTC

I plan on being active from a park bench or a better
operating location for the EQP that is supposedly this
weekend. (I am going to ask for access to the
Heli-pad! That should be a nice ground plane!

I will be active from XE2 (Northen Mexico)next week so
you may  even work a different XE zone as well.

Rig: K2 #4409 using internal battery and Smart Charger
Antenna: MP-1

Hopefully, the bands will allow for me to work other
Elecraft owners/rigs and and hand out what should be
an "easy" DXCC entity for other QRP/Elecraft
enthusiasts on both modes.

Operating times and days may vary as I have a 10Gb
optical network to  finish up so my real-work may
supersede operating!

73 and I hope to work you

Javier XE1/NM6E

--- Larry Makoski W2LJ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> To all Elecrafters,
>
> Due to the inspiration of Arnold Olean KØZK, I am
> happy to announce two
> new Elecraft Awards.

Paragaphs Deleted:

> In the same vein, I am also announcing the new
> Elecraft "100 in 100"
> Award.  This award can be earned by using your
> Elecraft rig(s) to work
> another Elecraft rig in 100 different DXCC entities
> (as defined by the
> ARRL DXCC department).  Again, this does not replace
> the existing
> Elecraft Century Club Award.  This one is totally
> different and
> introduces an exciting new challenge.  Is it
> possible to even achieve
> this award?  As Elecraft becomes more and more
> popular around the globe;
> and as we have seen Elecraft rigs being taken on
> major DXpeditions - the
> answer has to be "yes"; but it will be a challenge!
>
> Full details on how to apply will be forthcoming in
> the next few days.
> For now, the application for the "50 in 50" Award
> will be the same as
> for the basic "Elecraft Worked All States" Award
> with the added provision that you must supply the
model and serial
> number of each
> Elecraft rig that you have worked.
>
> I welcome any and all comments, questions and
> suggestions - please
> contact me off list via [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> 73 es happy operating!
> Larry W2LJ
> Your Humble Awards Admin. Guy

=====