Congratulations, Martin!

I like to tell people, and there's *some* truth to the story, that the
reason that I've worked 99.9% CW for 50+ years now is that I put so much
time and energy into learning the code I wanted to get my money's worth out
of it!

A lot of people have trouble with hand copy on paper over 15 wpm or so. I
had to teach myself a different way of printing block characters to reduce
the number of pencil strokes and to keep the pencil moving right to left in
order to hand copy at 20 wpm for my commercial radiotelegraph and Extra
class Ham tests. Like you said, it's hard enough to do anything else while
copying near your limit. Of course, the only thing I hand copy nowadays is a
formal message and that's almost always on a keyboard.

CW is far from dead. Indeed, with so many newer ops showing up on the bands,
it's sure to be a popular mode for many decades to come, at least. As
President Kennedy observed many years ago, we do some things not because
they are easy, but because they are hard.

Perhaps everything worth doing is hard, at first anyway. Enjoy. You've got a
skill that will bring you a lot of pleasure over the years.

73,

Ron AC7AC