Bob,

There are quite a few small paddles. Some are made from binder clips or
plastic boxes and brass spacers while others are finely crafted instruments.
Since they are all small and lightweight, you usually end up with one hand
holding the paddle while you send with the other. Some do have magnets or
other attachments, but these never worked very well for me. The two I am
most fond of are the GHD GM701 "Travel Paddle" or the Palm Paddle. Both
units store well and retract for traveling. They are well made but have very
different tactile personalities. The GHD (I'm a big GHD fan) has a nice
positive mechanical feel, while the Palm has a smoother, almost silent
touch. I would recommend you check out the following website:

      http://www.morsex.com/

Marshall has a large selection of all sorts of keys and always has been
helpful when I asked for advice. (NB: I have no connection to this vendor
other than that of a very satisfied costumer.)

I know there are many ops who are just as happy with a piece of foil and a
thumbtack, but I seem to have a 'need' for the better made keys. It may take
you a while to figure out what works best for you.

Just to show you how personal these preferences are: I'm learning how to use
a bug now and I have a long way to go. I thought that I would never make it,
but the real truth was that I just wasn't comfortable with a Vibroplex. It
may be my arthritis or a bone in my head, but I just could not get the bug
to feel right until I tried a different brand. The non-Vibroplex bug works
wonderfully well for me, but it took quite a while for me to try an 'off'
brand.

So you may have to kiss a few frogs before you find a prince. Good Luck.

You can always get a heated discussion started here when you ask about keys
or headphones!

73,

Lonnie NY2LJ

>I have just bought a 4 band K1 used. I saw a picture of a K1 with a paddle
attached to the front >of the cabinet. Can some one enlighten me on what it
is, is it made for just the K1 ?

>I'm looing to some traveling with it, what is the standard paddle most
people use with it, I use >a bencher now, and its kinda big and delicate.