On Mar 17, 2005, at 8:31 AM, Allen C. Ward wrote:

When building kits I always take all envelopes, packing material etc. and keep the mess in a paper grocery bag until I am SURE that the kit is correctly assembled and is aligned and works properly. Several times I have found small parts clinging to the paper debris after they came up "missing." This comes from 50 years of kit assembly and adherence to Murphy's Laws (if anything can go wrong, it will and the lost part is one for which you have no spares).
Allen KA5N

Where were you when the original poster needed you??? :)

My K2 arrived yesterday (#4818) and I have begun the recommended full inventory. I have saved everything and am treating this kit with a level of care and detail unlike anything I have ever done.

The care and detail that Elecraft put into this thing inspires me to want to do everything right, which is quite against my usual habit.

To see me almost fondling every capacitor as I took it out of the RF board bag and logged it must have been a sight. I fear I am becoming obsessed.

-Paul
KB8NMZ