I do not like to see a fillet on a solder joint on a PCB...When that happens, I
always grab the Hakko 808, clean the joint off, and resolder it...Remembering
that I am dealing with plate-through holes, if I get a fillet on the
"soldering" side of the board, then there is a good chance that I have the same
condition on the other side of the board...90% of the time this is no problem,
but it might be creating solder bridges on the other side of the board that I
cannot see because they are hidden under IC's, relays, and especially
crystals...There is very little room for fillets under the crystals and I have
found crystals shorted to the case under the crystal and out of sight...I use
very fine solder, 0.17", which allows me to regulate the amount of solder, and
when I see the joint "wet", I remove the heat...

A couple of years ago I salvaged a half-built K-2...The LCD display was not
working at all, the result of too much solder that flowed in under the socket
for U1, the display driver, and created solder bridges...It was necessary to
remove the LCD and U1's socket to remedy it...We don't want to have to be doing
that very often...Keep the amount of solder within reason...

Jerry, wa2dkg