[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

U9  (audio amplifier circuit) in control board seems to be installed a
bit too  high. There is very small gap between the circuit board and IC's
bottom.  Gap is less than 1 millimeter. Should I try to remove and
re-place (and  destroy) the IC or let it be as it is?

My thoughts are if the device is close to being correct with  something like
an IC, is unless you have access to a good desoldering station or  a Hakko 808
is to leave it alone. You could otherwise could make problems appear  that do
not exist now.

All the better to solder items like IC in correctly in the first  place. I
hold the device firmly in place rather than bend the legs, then solder  a joint
on opposite ends of the device. Sometime takes three hands to do  it, but
normally possible. Check that the positioning is correct  and correct if
necessary. Only then complete the remaining joints. Probably  other electronic
equipment builders have their own favourite methods.

The moral is: If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Bob, G3VVT