>From Space Cadet To the Mother Ship (Elecraft):

I sure enjoy my K1, s/n #01453, and use it daily.  However, there are times
when I'm chasing DX that I'd like to be able to switch in a 10 dB boost to my
output.  Could we explore the feasibility of offering a kit amplifier for the
K1 (say a KPA-1)?

I'd suggest that most owners of the K1 would immediately purchase it (1500+
units?).  It could also make the K1 more attractive to the part-time QRPers,
like me.  The only disadvantage that immediately comes to mind is that the
KAT-1
antenna tuner couldn't be used with it and would have to be removed.
However, perhaps the KPA-1 could be plugged in its place?  Are we looking at
7-8 amps
current draw, instead of 1 amp?

If you're a subscriber to this list and would like to see a KPA-1 amplifier
kit, please join me in letting Elecraft know.

R/ Jim K5HO