I got one of the first T1's that went out the door at Elecraft, but that
meant I also had to do the mod that was deemed necessary so early on.  As  it
turned out, the hardest part was getting the glued together toroids unstuck
from
my fingers!  I know, smooth move dummy!  It only took a minute or  two
though--thankfully!

I have found the Radio Shack "solder sucker" tool to be a handy
device--probably not considered the best unsoldering method by master builders,
 but it
seems to work well for me.  You squeeze the air out of the bulb,  apply the
heated tip to the joint, let go of the bulb as soon as solder starts  to flow,
and
whoosh!  It generally opens the connection nicely.  Just  remember to blow
out the solder that has been collected in the air  line before trying the next
task.

Anyway, I made the changes, put the thing back together, and pushed the
button--still lights up like an outhouse in a fog!  Hooked it up to my Argo  V
(which has no tuner like my K2 does), tapped the buttons again, and the
pleasant
sound of relays chattering came forth.  It's working FB.

I haven't put the T1 to any real torture tests, like pieces of wet string  or
anything, but so far it seems to work great on just about every antenna I
have around here.  I've tried it on portable antennas, like the PAC-12,
without
paying too much attention to dimension precision, and it zeros right in  on 1
to 1.  Works great with my NorCal 40 and Sierra too.  I think  this is going
to be an extremely handy piece of gear.  Anybody with an  Argo, an 817, or any
of the single band kit transceivers we've been  building over the last
several years, should invest in one of these.  It  makes things so simple!  I
wouldn't opt for it in lieu of, say the internal  tuner in the KX1 (that rig is
fabulous!), but it's perfect for any tunerless QRP  rig.

So, I'm ready for the next mod!

Dave W7AQK