Hi all,

May be I'm to critical but lets try once more. After finishing the AGC Threshold setting, the next alignment is the S-meter. When completing the last CAL-S-HI step, and setting the RF Gain potentiometer back to full CCW, only led nr. 9 lits and not nr 10. Trying to correct this I pressed the menu button and immediately led nr 9 goes off and led nr. 8 lits (Huh??). Rotating the VFO knob to search for the CAL mode, led nr 8 switched off and led nr 10 comes on again.

To be short, I tried many times to get the required result but there seems to be an instability somewhere in the circuit. I checked the supply voltage (13.8V) and the two regulators on the Control Board to see if they were producing accesive noise at the outputs, but they looked ok (less than 2 mV noise and limited by the scoop, Tek 2465B).

Has anybody out there a slightest idea what I'm doing wrong (or even worse)?

Evert, PA2KW