Rich, N5ZC wrote:

...in my earlier ham days that I had a little chart from
RadioShack.  You dialed up the colors in the correct order and it gave
you the value of the resistor.  It may come in handy during the build.

I don't think RadioShack carries these any longer, per a quick phone
call I just made.  Are there any other sources for something like this?

You'll find a complete color code chart and information for identifying
other part values such as chokes and caps used in your Elecraft kit in the
front part of your Elecraft manual, along with soldering tips and other
important build data.

Ron AC7AC