Greetings all,

I just received a mailing from Surplus Computers which is advertising
a 12V Auto JumpStart and Air Compressor for $19.99.

On closer look, this appears to be exactly the same unit I have
(purchased at Costco a year ago for around $60) for portable ops.  It
contains a 17.5Ah SLA battery, a light, an AC trickle charger, a
cigarette-lighter style DC adaptor, a DC-DC charging cord (for
plugging into your car), an air compressor with hose and jumper
cables!

I hacked mine with leads directly to the battery inside and
terminating to PowerPole connectors (yes, I have drunk the PowerPole
Kool-Aid and it was good!) and take a West Mountain 5-way DC power
strip with me to park picnic tables.

This is a killer deal for 20 bucks (plus shipping on 23 lbs).  Heck, I
think for the price you could remove the SLA battery and throw the
rest away if you wanted to.

Hint:  the AC trickle charger is pretty much useless...  a few hundred
mA takes days to recharge a 17.5Ah battery...  I use an A&A
Engineering 1A charger to charge it up when I get home...  usually
overnight does it.

Here's the link:

http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemDetail&item=TOL10130

I have no idea how long their "sale" price is good for.

73 de N7BNT - Doug

Disclaimer:  I have absolutely nothing to do with this company except
as an occasional customer!